Dear Corporate Members,
As recommended in the EGM 2020, the suggestions received from the members were discussed in the 2nd meeting of CAC-2020. The revised recommendations of CAC-2020 are given below.
Dr. Avijit Ghosh
Honorary Secretary, IIChE
Important Information, please read
After filling the form through on-line, a pdf will be sent to your e-mail.
Take print out of that application form as received in your mail, enclose the Demand Draft, enclose self- signed mark sheets, certificate and Employer’s experience certificate (in original) and send to: Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers Dr H L Roy Building Jadavpur University Campus Raja S C Mullick Road Kolkata - 700032
Points to note for on-line filling of Examination Form
After filling the form through on-line, a pdf will be sent to your e-mail.
Take print out of that application form as received in your mail, enclose Demand Draft, a self addressed envelope and send to: Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers Dr H L Roy Building Jadavpur University Campus Raja S C Mullick Road Kolkata - 700032
The meeting link of IIChE AGM-2020 is given below:
Time: Dec 28, 2020 05:00 PM India
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 886 9456 6883
1. Duration of the examination in online mode for all the papers will be 3 hours (Full Marks: 100)
except Part I/Paper-6 (Engineering Drawing).
The duration of Part I/Paper-6 (Engineering Drawing) will be 4 hours.
2. Google Classrooms has been created by the Institute for each and every examination separately. Students will be invited to join the classroom as well.
3. The question papers will be available in the aforesaid Google Classrooms 15 minutes prior to the scheduled examination time.
4. Students have to write the answer of the questions in own hand writing using A4 size pages. Each completed answer script must possess a Front Page (A4 size) carrying details (Part, Paper, Subject, Roll No., Registration No.) of the students. A blank soft copy of the Front Page of the answer script has been attached with this notice. Students have to take printouts of the blank front page and fill it carefully for each day’s examination.
5. Students must specify page number at the top of each page of the answer script. No page number is to be specified for the front page.
6. Students must write all the details on the front page as mentioned and put full signature at the bottom of each page of the answer script. Scanned signature is not acceptable.
7. After completion of the examination on each day, students have to upload a scanned copy of the answer script along with the filled in front page (in single PDF file only) to the respective Google Classrooms created for the examinations within the stipulated time. Name of the PDF file should have a specific format as
8. Students will be provided with additional time of 30 minutes for sending the scanned answer script after the examination hours. As there is time restriction for sending the answer script to the Institute, students should be very much careful about it and must make necessary arrangements prior to appearing in the examination on each day.
9.Students must preserve the physical answer scripts without any alteration until the publication of the result. Making changes in physical answer scripts after sending to their respective Institute would result in cancellation of examination or any other punitive action.
10.Answer script submission link will remain active till 1:30 PM for 1st half examination and till 5:30 PM for 2nd half examination. For Part I/Paper – 6, the answer script submission link will remain active up to 2:30 PM.
11.Steam tables and Graph Papers (If needed) will be arranged by the candidate only.
12.No malpractices will be entertained.
(No phone calls on Sundays)
Mr. Sandip Ghosh - 08420091841 (General)
Dr. Sujoy Bose - 8011215386 (General, Examinations, ACMS 2022)
Mr. Soumen Nath - 09748567692 (Membership, RCs & SCs)
Mr. Anirban Ghosh - 09836278576 (Accounts)
Ms. Nandini Roy - 09831541220 (Publication & Organisational Membership)
Mr. Sukanta Roy - 09748059682 (Examinations)
Mr. Sumon Das- 8240909718 (Accounts, Student Membership)
ACMS-2022 Conference Website Click Here
Indian Chemical Engineer (ICE) is a journal of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers which has been the Institute’s main organ since 1959. Even before ICE, IIChE regularly published Transactions of Chemical Engineers between 1948 and 1958.
Prof. G.S. Laddha was the first Editor of ICE. A renowned Chemical Engineer, Prof. Ladhha has been known for his research on liquid–liquid extraction. He is also recognised for his contribution to the establishment of several chemical industries in India. Since, Prof. Laddha, there have been 15 other Editors, all consummate academics, under whose aegis the journal has been published till date.The journal’s Editorial Board and the International Advisory Board also include eminent Professors and Scientists from India and abroad.
ICE offers an international platform for publishing articles on original research initiatives, interpretative reviews and overviews on new developments in the realm of Chemical Engineering and allied fields. Special Issues of ICE, published periodically, are rich sources of information with contributions from noted academics and research scholars, in the upcoming areas.
Since 2011, ICE is published by Taylor and Francis, UK, one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals and books. Collaboration with Taylor & Francis has facilitated a wide international readership for the journal along with high-quality logistic support and has added a professional finesse to the journal. Authors can submit their papers online using ScholarOneManuscriptsTM (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tice), which would undergo a thorough peer review process before being selected for publication.
IIChE maintains close association with various professional bodies at home and abroad. It has agreements of collaborations with leading global Institutes in the field of Chemical Engineering, namely, the Institution of Chemical Engineers, UK and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), USA and Canadian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Canada.
IIChE is also a member of the Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, Australia and a corresponding member of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, Germany. The Institute is a permanent invitee to DECHEMA, Germany. It became the first organization from the developing countries to join the Executive Committee of the World Chemical Engineering Council, which was formed in Melbourne in 2001. During 2003 - 2004, the Institute had collaboration with InnoCentive Inc., a US-based organization, offering a wide platform to the international scientific community to work on complex scientific problems and find their solutions.
At home, in 2002, IIChE joined Engineering Council of India (ECI) as a member of its Board of Governors. IIChE is working with ECI for enlisting chemical engineers in National Registers for Professional Engineers. The ECI is the apex body of professional and consulting engineers in India, representing various engineering disciplines. IIChE is also represented at various committees/sub-committees of Bureau of Indian Standards.
In recent years, on a few occasions, IIChE has been working on developing a wide platform to collaborate with FICCI.
Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers is a confluence of streams of professionals from academia, research institute and industry.
Over the years the Institute has developed a distinct profile of its own.
Even as the IIChE is always moulding itself and playing a proactive role to keep up with the ever changing needs of the society and the economy, the basic objectives remain largely unchanged since its inception.
To promote advancement of Chemical Engineering Science and draw up a code of ethics in the profession. To maintain and widen contacts with chemical engineering professionals in India and abroad ensure regular exchange of ideas with other national and international professional institutes in this field.
IIChE maintains close association with various professional bodies at home and abroad. It has regular collaborations with two of the leading global Institutes in the field of Chemical Engineering, namely, the Institution of Chemical Engineers, UK and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), USA.
IIChE is also a member of the Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, Australia and a corresponding member of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, Germany.
The R&D Vision Global warming is a threat to human prosperity and has been intensively discussed world-wide. Regulations are needed to prevent problems, as well as drastic social change to create a low-carbon sustainable society that balances environmental protection with economic growth.